I have decided to run another FMITL season, even though my circumstances have changed. More commute, more interstate travel, greater expectations on myself.
So as we start 2018, the Difficult 6th season of FMITL, please know you are entering a comp that may well shut itself down if it all becomes too much.
So after that rev-up, lets lay out the season ahead.
Preliminary Division Builds - 2018Firstly, with an 'all things equal' approach, the below is the 2018 Season Divisional structures, based on last years results.
If everyone comes back, and no new players are added, this is what we are running with.
Now then, the astute of you in D4 and D5 will see some question marks. These are tagged to the lowest finishers in those divisions, and these players are first in line to move down IF NEEDED.
Move down? Yes. Both divisions are 12 player sets, and the ideal is 10 per div. So if there is a need, (eg a 6th div come on), then I could shuffle some/all of those question marked players around.
Let me know if there are other name changes too.
Any players who elect not to compete in season 2017 will change this structure, so under no circumstances are these divisions final.
If some people step out of competition, I will move others up based on last year.
Confirmation of Play - 2018Can everyone who has been tagged in the tweets about this post PLEASE indicate your intent for 2018 by CLICKING THE LINK and completing the registration.
(PS: No need to click the link Swish, J_F, Pearcy, RankingSW, Sirocco, Carlo and Doc Mubutu... done and recorded).
Of course, if you know others who want in, let them know, and they can enter via the same link, or via a tweet to @FMI_TL.
And for any newcomers, jut send them to the handy 'whats all this bollocks about' guide on the ABOUT tab above or via that link in the bold text just then.
Please, please, please let me know ASAP as I need to get the divisions sorted, draws done ETC.
Deadline to confirm will be MARCH 1st.
Get to it. Let me know and share if you know someone who may want to tip.
Other Things - 2018As before, I m potentially getting in waaaay over my head this year, so
- I will be relying on you lot MORE THAN EVER to get them tips in on time. I cant be sending reminder all the time.
- Hot tip on remembering your tips, courtesy of Steve (ASpeedingCar) - set a calendar entry and reminder for every Thursday at your preferred time... how easy!
- There will be no tipping on Thursday night games because its too damn hard. I have no idea how I will handle Tues and Weds Anzac games... most likely they are OUT.
- I am still in two minds about running the Cup this year. And the Lightning Premiership. Oh yeah, and reckon I will ditch the belts. Gotta make this stuff easy to manage.
- Also, I reckon I will increase promotion / relegation to mandatory 2 up / 2 down (minimum, possibly 3 at the lower 12 player levels).
So, lets get this nonsense 'non-footy' period over and, and lets get into footy!